Here are 5 tips that will make it easier to find the most suitable projector for your home theatre.
1. Projection Technology
The visual display is the most important part of a sound movie theatre setup. It is, therefore, necessary to understand the different types of technical specifications before buying a projector. There are two basic types of projectors, the DLP (Digital Light Processing) and the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). You need to consider the various benefits as well as drawbacks offered by both models when selecting the right projector.
DLP (Digital Light Processing) Projectors DLP projectors use mirrors to project images. The digital micromirror device or DMD is the heart of every DLP video projector.
- They produce a smooth image.
- The projection is highly accurate with no shadows.
- They have a high contrast ratio.
- They are the most affordable home theater projectors out there.
2. LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Projectors
LCD projectors use three specially designed LCD Chips (red, blue, or green) to create and project images on an external screen. There are three variants of LCD projectors LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon), D-ILA (Digital Imaging Light Amplification) and SXRD (Silicon Crystal Reflective Display).
- They are extremely compact.
- They have high brightness capabilities.
- They have good color saturation.
- They may have dead pixels.
- They can lose image quality over time.
- They have lower color uniformity compared to the DLP projectors.
- They are expensive compared to the DLP projectors.
By Bruce Tucker
See Full Story at www.octaneseating.com