One of the easiest ways of setting up a projector is none other than simply placing it on the table. Because of its simplicity, many users have overlooked basic understanding of what makes a good and efficient Desktop projector.
Regardless if it is desktop or fixed installation, each user must first understand their requirement before embark on hunting for the right projector.
Generally, some of the few key areas you should look out for are:
Some of the above key points are self-explanatory, so let us focus on “Ease of Setup”, “Connectivity” and “Ease of Use”.
Before we start explaining the 3 highlighted points, ask yourself why need a Desktop and not ceiling mounted setup? Is it due to space constrain, or lack of budget, or ease of sharing between rooms… etc? You will notice that these points can help direct you into looking for the right projector.
Ease of Setup:
- Able to power up and down quickly to reduce waiting time
- Auto Keystone Correction/ Simple Keystone Correction feature to help quickly adjust the projected image to fit your screen
- Multi connection options apart from the standard VGA port (i.e. USB, Component, Composite, wireless, HDMI etc)
- Choose one with ports you commonly use, not one with the most ports
Ease of Use:
- Easy to connect and disconnect
- Internal Speakers to save the hassle of connecting to external speakers
- Convenient in turning on/ off projector during presentations to direct audience’s attention
Before you feel information overload as to what to look out for, below are a list of helpful features for Desktop Projectors:
- WXGA Resolution (To match the current Laptops 16:10 monitors)
- Auto Keystone (To help setup projector onto screen quickly)
- USB Connection (Convenient and auto-detect upon connection)
- Quick Start-up time and instant shunt down (To minimize setup and shutdown time)
- “Mute” Projector (To allow quick turning on/ off the projection without shutting down the projector to direct audience to focus their attention on the presenter rather than the screen)
- Wireless Connection (To allow users to connect to the projector conveniently without having to connect a cable)
Different application and venues may require different specifications, please do not hesitate to contact us for a free on-site consultation to offer you an ideal projection solution that suits your needs.