So often we found users to spend all their effort in getting the best possible projector with the bulk of their available budget and settle for the cheapest possible installation job without understanding what they are getting.
Installation is not just simply drilling 4 holes and fastens 4 screws and nuts in place; it’s a combination of good craftsmanship, material and experience. Regardless of the level of the cost, understanding what you might be getting for your installation could prove just as important, if not, more important than getting the right projector.
One does not need to be an IT or AV expert to know what to look out for when it comes to installation. Below are a few simple pointers to help you check through the crucial components for a quality installation:
Pre Installation Checks
– Position of projector, screen and receptacle point
– Type of cables used based on the length of installation (to minimize signal loss which can result in poor image quality)
– Any audio system to go along with the projector
– How the cables are laid and feasibility of future maintenance
During Installation Checks
– Ensure all cabling are in proper conduits and trunkings
– Test all connections to ensure the quality of the projection
– Minimize keystone correction on projector and proper calibration to obtain a clear sharp image
– Ensure projector is properly secured onto the mounting and no vibration due to outside elements (i.e. air-conditioning)
After Installation Checks
– Check the ease of maintenance
– Ensure sufficient security on the projector
Conditions might vary from places to places and it is best to consult a trusted System Integrator to explain through the installation works before the actual installation.